Friday, May 1, 2009

A Labor of Love IV: The Paintening





So I finished the icon of Christ for Holy Transfiguration Church in Boise. I took a lot of pictures along the way, and I thought that rather than posting a bunch of pictures, I would make a little video. It's a little jumpier than I would have liked, and in the future I need to take a lot more pictures along the way to make it really smooth, but I thought it might be neat anyway. Perhaps at some point I will set it to music or something. I just didn't want to wait much longer or I knew I would never end up posting it... And below is a slightly more detailed look at the finished product.


2 comments:

Cha said...

Matthew -
How beautiful!
And I loved the video!!
If I can figure out how to do it, may I post it to my own blog and link to yours so that the handful of readers who check mine occasionally might also see your Theotokos?

Father Matthew Garrett said...

Thank you. You may indeed.